About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
With a global scope, this role creates a link between the operational planning, implementation, and execution of reporting and operational capabilities of the Franchise Supply Chain, ensuring that product is delivered on time and cost effectively. Role holder is responsible for providing operational analysis and support from pre-season set up through to collection, including decision support to the brands to manage trade-offs for cost and operational gains. This role works cross functionally with multiple brands and stakeholders, interacting regularly with Brand Merchandising, Production, Brand Operations, Order Management, and Finance teams. Operationally, the role will also liaise with our international distribution centers in the UK and Hong Kong to drive weekly/seasonal goals and support franchise growth initiatives. Critical the Sr. Analyst can self-start, drive analysis and operational project work with minimal supervision, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and internal business partners around the globe.
• Owns process and weekly publication of Franchise On-time Performance reports for all brands and provides key analysis to improve performance for our international franchisee partners
• Provides business analysis to support decisions affecting shipping cost and performance trade-offs, highlighting issues impacting on-time delivery as well as providing general support for operational initiatives by direction from Planning & Operations Manager
• Supports development of new reporting functionalities as well as analysis and operational requirements for new market assessments
• Owns publication of monthly Vendor Compliance reporting and tracking to support franchise revenue protection
• Works with merchants to establish delivery commitments and publishes seasonal Flow Calendars for cross functional teams and franchisee partners
• Owns weekly calls with international distribution centers and drives operational follow-up actions with cross-functional teams
• Works with Franchise Operations and Logistics to coordinate inventory transfers and residual inventory jobber sales; includes coordination and research of DC/3PL services
Who you are
• Business Process oriented with knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics processes
• Strong analytical aptitude with ability to translate data into communicable formats
• Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners and drive initiatives forward
• Strong communication skills in both the spoken and written mediums; detail oriented yet able to prioritize most critical issues
• Advanced Excel and intermediate PowerPoint. Access a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum experience 3+ years
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.