Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
We are looking for an Innovation & Technology Manager to be part of the Digital Operations team for Gap Online. The Innovation & Technology Manager will drive special projects and implementation of new digital marketing strategies, working closely with cross-functional teams and key business partners. This includes roadmap initiatives, ecommerce special projects, vendor integrations, and testing. We are seeking a creative thinker and self-starter that is comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate has a penchant for digital technologies and thrives in a role that provides new challenges.
What you'll do
- Support digital solutions and strategies for special projects and roadmap initiatives, including detailed meeting notes, accurate build instructions, and flawless QA.
- Develop and manage project plans, timelines, and documentation for projects. Hindsight with manager and project team to ensure best practices are maintained.
- Provide detailed, transparent and consistent project updates to team members and additional stakeholders with consideration of level of detail per audience.
- Continually assess business processes for effectiveness and improvement. Work with Sr. Manager to drive and implement change.
- Evaluate competing requests with manager using sound perspective to negotiate priorities and resources appropriately on behalf of the project working group.
- Provide career development and mentoring to direct report/s.
- Support technology health and lead change management for the brand when feature releases or platform issues occur.
- After-hours support as needed.
Who you are
- 3+years’ experience within the digital/creative industry managing deadlines andproject details.
- Experiencewith successfully managing projects, long and short term, that span acrossmultiple functions and regions.
- Strongbusiness acumen and sound judgement – able to identify, analyze and proposesolutions.
- Experiencewith designing and executing an A/B test or audience segmentation.
- Provenability to work well under pressure with an aptitude for flexibility andfluidity. Must excel in an environment driven by change and transformation.
- Abilityto communicate clearly and effectively with all levels about new concepts andprocesses.
- Abilityto build successful relationships and influence within a team andcross-functionally.
- Understandingof industry best practices and ecommerce principles.
- Innateinterest in new technology and a curiosity for digital innovation.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs