About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Every year, we invite talented rising seniors to join us in our headquarters offices for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week summer internship is based in San Francisco. As a finance intern, you are responsible for Old Navy Online, International HQ & Product departments (payroll, travel, advertising, etc). The finance intern is the point person for all budget, forecast and close-related items in these areas and will be the business lead to ensure scalable set-up for emerging markets.
What you'll do
- Coordinate the annual budget with executive leaders and cross-functional business partners, and ensure accuracy of budget uploads
- Manage monthly forecasting process across multiple departments
- Manage close process, ensure completeness of accruals and explain variances to forecast
- Manage ON bonus model & ON Global allocations
- Work closely with HR to track headcount changes and assess related financial impact
- Perform detailed analytics and ad-hoc analyses to identify root causes of issues and identify/implement plan to solve
- Manage forecast and reporting tools and identify process improvements
- Create scalable global models as Old Navy business expands globally
- Work with Executive Leaders
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with executive leadership team
- Provide financial and business support to Leadership Team
- Present monthly results to executive leadership across multiple departments and partner with them to drive cost savings and identify creative solutions to manage expenses
- Analyze variances and proactively implement opportunities for improvement
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field - Undergraduate degree in progress with a concentration in finance, accounting, economics or business — accepting students that graduate in December 2020 and Spring 2021
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management and articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a large amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive results with a team-oriented approach
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly
- For some roles, Essbase experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand or quickly grasp customer priorities and terminology
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs