Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
What you'll do
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site
- Support Buying team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
- Optimize the mapping and own the maintenance of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing & approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing & approving the product copy.
- Communicate issues, best practices, and web calendar to all merchandising teams, identifying opportunities, potential issues, and risks.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Run weekly reports and recap business priorities such as top sellers, category conversion, marketing sort performance, and issues.
- Enter all pricing actions in appropriate tool and confirm all prices went through to the website correctly
- Work with Sourcing, production, and buyers to create seasonal sizing curves, ensure all PO’s are written correctly as per the booking, and size and pack all POs.
Who you are
• Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
• Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
• Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (i.e. Microsoft Commerce 2000, Blue Martini).
• Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical skills
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years of experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs