About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Responsible for running payroll jobs and managing the Enterprise Payroll and Human Resource system for Gap Inc. This position also acts as a liaison with the Information Technology (IT) Department on matters related to payroll processing, including but not limited to upgrades, testing, reporting and business process development and implementation.
What you'll do
Develop and support proprietary solutions (including database development and administration) to meet business needs.
Analyze, coordinate, and maintain system testing, exercising system expertise and knowledge to lead assigned staff in successful completion of project or upgrade.
Focus on department processes and services to identify and support data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating errors
Strong focus on developing and delivering results through measurement, analysis, and improvement to deliver results while eliminating inefficiencies
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
Provide guidance to payroll staff on the system methodologies, practices, concepts related to the departments’ work to deliver a timely and accurate payroll. This includes support in the use of the payroll system, training, preparation, research, multistate taxes, reporting and processing of payroll transactions
Who you are
- Strong organizational, follow up and analytical skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to act quickly and professionally in high stress situations
- Ability to work on and organize several tasks concurrently and meet stringent deadlines
- Embrace change and enjoy a dynamic environment; willing to take on new responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement
- Intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs