About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
DCM is a centralized organization responsible for DigitalMarketing and Direct Marketing for Gap Inc. The Direct Mail Contact Strategistis responsible for customer targeting, segmentation and overall contact strategyof the direct mail programs for all Gap, Inc. brands with the goal being to driveincremental sales performance and inform ongoing learnings in customerrelationship management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have several years’experience in customer segmentation and circulation in either the postal mail ore-mail environment, and/or direct marketing strategy, planning and analysis.Candidates should exhibit excellent technical and communication skills,analytical marketing experience, and be familiar with customer database systems.Individual should be self-motivated, able to work independently and balance aworkload that consists of both ongoing, detail-oriented campaign developmentprocesses as well as project management, system improvements and strategicroad mapping.
Campaign strategy, development, segmentation and execution: 50%
What you'll do
- Work with relationship marketing teams to schedule campaigns, develop offers, translate business objectives into list segmentation criteria.
- Plan and execute in-season and long term testing strategies.
- Identify new opportunities within the customer file to influence future strategy.
- Build out targeted customer lists using Epiphany campaign management software to segment, filter and select customers to support marketing and financial goals.
- Work with outside vendors to cleanse, finalize and deliver mail files for all Gap Inc. direct mail programs.
Report on campaign performance: 30%
- Analyze results of campaigns to determine performance overall and by customer segment, and tie to brand marketing and financial objectives.
- Work with customer strategy and analytics teams to develop and present hindsight campaign reporting including learnings and recommendations to inform future planning efforts.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and data mining to determine unique program drivers and identify promotion and performance trends across campaigns, brands and channels.
Strategic leadership: 20%
- Develop and manage strategic roadmap.
- Build and maintain a robust test/learn schedule.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize and support innovation in the direct mail channel.
Who you are
- 5-7 years experience in quantitative marketing, segmentation and/or circulation environment, and program results analysis.
- Experience with Epiphany or other CRM campaign management tool a plus
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS as well as TOAD or other database query tool, and/or experience with a reporting or data mining tool.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills, logical thinker
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Organized and proactive and with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs