About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Director, Product Strategy is accountable for driving insights and building knowledge of key market, competitors, and customer dynamics for the Old Navy business, specifically related to apparel products. Reporting into the Senior Director of Product and Business Strategy, this role requires a leader who can identify key issues, structure ambiguous problems, and develop workplans to drive insights. The Director must lead cross-functional work streams that conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis yielding actionable results, synthesize findings, structure presentations, and communicate action items and recommendations to senior management and leadership team. Serve as a thought leader and liaison with business partners inside Old Navy and across Gap Inc., proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices across brands, and oversee Product Strategy Managers and Analysts to drive insights.
What you'll do
- Oversee analyses to understand the Old Navy product competitors and consumer needs
- Partner with cross-functional partners and analyze consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities for Old Navy
- Drive development of Old Navy’s product long range plan, including identification and prioritization of product opportunities and owning and driving all supporting content/documentation
- Oversee key analyses, e.g., market and competitor assessments, financial performance analysis
- Work across levels and functions, including both internal and external service providers and business partners to gather data, gain insight, and drive detailed recommendations
- Establish strong relationships with key product leaders to ensure alignment in strategic vision and supporting opportunities
- Drive cross-divisional products strategies and operational initiatives, reporting to the Senior Director of Product and Business Strategy. Examples of activities:
- Identify key issues and scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers
- Lead data gathering and conduct research and analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Oversee the delivery of timely, zero-defect execution of analysis
- Oversee the preparation of impactful and concise executive-level presentations and assist in presenting findings and gaining alignment across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Able to collaborate effectively using a broad range of influencing styles to drive desired results; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Proven experience in leading teams (that might include senior leaders) including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results working with internal or external resources
- Strong executive presence and command skills
- Able to identify barriers to successful implementation and capable of working with teams/leaders to mitigate barriers
- Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
Who you are
- MBA degree required
- 10+ years of work experience, preferably with experience in the retail industry; with deep Women’s apparel experience, management consulting and/or investment banking.
- Structured and logical thinking- Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- Powerful Communication– Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both written and verbally.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills–. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional/executive presence.
- Creative Thinking- A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results. Continuous curiosity and interest in product.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs