About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Loss Prevention Service Representative’s primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all store associates and customers and to support the shortage reduction efforts by providing a strong visible presence at the front end. They may be responsible for monitoring the employee entrance/exit and/or customer entrance/exit. They are to work closely with store leaders and Loss Prevention personnel to ensure all Loss Prevention initiatives are compliant to brand standards while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the LP Supervisor to ensure that all employees are following policies and procedures.
Responsible for maintaining the employee entrance, where applicable.
Assists in making apprehensions with certified LP Agents when requested by observing and acting as witness.
Sign in employees/vendors and verify any Gap Inc. merchandise.
Sign out employees/vendors and verify all Gap Inc. merchandise and verify purchases against the employee's receipt.
Keep track of all packages delivered through the employee entrance, excluding normal scheduled shipments.
- Ensure that the employee entrance is run efficiently by ensuring that all of the necessary paperwork is accessible at all times.
Provide a visual presence at the entrance/exit through courteous and professional interaction with customers.
Support Loss Prevention agent as a back-up in shoplifting apprehensions and serving as witness as needed. Apprehensions.
This is an entry-level loss prevention position within the store level operations. This position communicates primarily to the store management team with direction on overall loss prevention strategy and programs coming from the LP Supervisor, LPM, FLPM, DLPM or RLPM.
Who you are
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- Basic understanding of retail or security.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs