Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Pricing and Promotions Senior Analyst is responsible the completion, accuracy and timely execution of pricing and promotional events, supporting the Pricing Team to ensure financial success of the commercial plan and pricing strategy.
What you'll do
- Support the communication of pricing strategies to Inventory and Merchandising Planning teams on a timely basis to ensure consistent and efficient execution of all campaign/promo & clearance events
Manage & Create ongoing business reporting to drive results viaExcel formulas, VBA, and Access
- Responsible for the weekly creation and analysis of promotional and markdown tools
Provide analytics support on pricing and promotional effectivenessand ad-hoc reporting
- Manage communications with stores to resolve on-going pricing issues
- Support system pricing execution, including ad-hoc/custom store group pricing
Who you are
2 - 3 years inventory management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel is critical to this role
Exceptional Organization - Highly organized, and strong planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail
Communication – Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper.
Strong Interpersonal Skills – A consensus building, upbeat team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively to build trust and respect within the pricing team
Ability to run timely and effective analysis
Structured and logical thinking - Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run analysis
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs