About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Loss Prevention Specialist who will be responsible for protecting the assets of the company and ensuring a safe environment for our DC employees and visitors. The LP Specialist has a thorough knowledge of Gap Inc. policy and procedures. The LP Specialist works closely with LP Shift Coordinators and above to perform duties that directly support the core supply chain LP responsibilities of physical security, safety, inventory management, auditing, and investigations. The LP Specialist demonstrates knowledge of DC Operations and develops relationships to increase LP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize shortage within their assigned area of responsibility. The LP Specialist also serves as a primary point of contact with the public (e.g. visitors, emergency services, law enforcement and other government officials). Ensure a safe + crime-free environment for DC employees and visitors. Maintain & manage controls which include: Access Control Points, Physical Security / Fire Safety / Equipment and all related Systems & Administration. Protection of all company assets: People, Property & Product. Safety / Business Continuity Support – Assist with all Campus Emergencies. Including: Fire / Safety & Medical / Severe Weather-related events. Responsible for contacting emergency services and site coordination. Shortage reduction Programs: Performing Inventory Auditing & Systems related functions.
Support LP Investigations & Research provide accurate reporting & case management. Apply / use of all applicable investigative tools and ensure administrative compliance. Maintain confidentiality in all related matters
Who you are
- MinimumHigh School diploma / preferred college graduate with at least 2 years Security/ Loss Prevention experience with appropriate Training & Certifications:First Aid / CPR / Security or Investigative license if local area requires.
- Knowledgeof Security & Loss Prevention Procedures.
- StrongCustomer Service Skills, ability to maintain decorum & confidentiality,with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Abilityto work in a fast-paced team environment while multi-tasking. Strong ability toproblem solve and apply appropriate actions that may involve uncommonsituations
- Haveintermediate computer skills (spreadsheets, databases, word processing).
- Abilityto work a Flexible Schedule at times.
- PhysicalRequirements: Ability to stand or walk for significant periods of time. Abilityto lift 50lbs/23kg.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs