About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a staff to be responsible for the preparation, filing and payment of assigned complex sales and use tax returns, review of sales & use tax returns and payments prepared by others, reconciliation of selected tax general ledger accounts, respond to and resolve governmental notices, review monthly tax rate changes for all jurisdictions, respond to inquiries from vendors, internal and external customers, support sales, use and other tax audits, perform tax research and various projects as assigned.
The role is based at Gap Inc.’s Corporate Shared Service Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico and will report to the Manager of Sales and Use Tax.
What you'll do
Prepare and file assigned complex sales and use tax returns
Review of sales & use tax returns and payments prepared by others
Reconcile assigned complex tax accounts
Research and respond to government notices
Review monthly tax rate changes for all jurisdictions
Respond to inquiries from vendors, internal and external customers
Develop relationships with internal and external business partners and serve as point of contact for inquiries related to sales and use tax processes
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or previous applicable multistate sales tax experience
- Two (2) years of relevant business experience required
- MBA/MSA/MST/CMI/CPA Tax Certification a plus
- Previous multi-state tax experience preferred
- Oracle and Vertex software experience a plus
- Research software experience preferred (RIA Checkpoint or CCH)
- Basic to intermediate level accounting skills required
- Retail Industry and compliance experience preferred
- One year account reconciliation experience required
- Basic to intermediate understanding of GAAP
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs