About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Financial Analyst to support the budget management for the global real estate initiatives of our Gap Inc. brands. This position is a pivotal role that facilitates cross-functional alignment with our Real Estate and Brand teams. The primary responsibility of this role is leading the Finance support for global capital projects. Along with owning the annual budget and quarterly/monthly forecast processes, this role will also identify key opportunities and provide a financial point of view to influence business decisions.
What you'll do
- Develop annual budgets for capital initiatives with collaboration from Real Estate, Capital, and Brand Finance teams
- Manage quarterly and monthly forecast submission for capital investments in Minor, Program, Loss Prevention, Visual Merchandising and Maintenance
- Provide monthly and ad hoc financial analysis on capital projects compared to budget
- Lead the capital initiative process end-to-end (planning, review, approval and execution) by successfully cooperating with cross-functional teams
- Evaluate current processes and tools and propose changes to drive efficiencies
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Capital or related field
Minimum 2 to 5 years of financial analysis, real estate or related business experience
Public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus
Experience with Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, Oracle Financials/OBIEE and Microsoft Access a plus
Ability to assess key financial and business indicators to make an impact on Brands’ capital investment decisions
Willingness to build positive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs