Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Analyst, Field Finance is responsible for managing store labor (the largest expense item on the brand’s P&L) for Gap Specialty and Outlet stores in North America. This includes traditional budget, forecast and close responsibilities as well as providing strategic and analytical support for various ad hoc initiatives and proactively identifying opportunities along with recommendations. This position reports directly to the Manager on the Field Finance team and frequently interacts with both headquarters and field leadership.
What you'll do
- Effectively manage Store Payroll and Benefits expenses for the fleet and own development and communication of monthly financial forecasts/close that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management.
- Develop the annual budget and long-range plans for Store Payroll and benefits that meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with Gap strategies, and incorporate input from key business partners.
- Provide strategic direction and analytical support for new and different ways of managing labor in a constantly changing business environment.
- Partner with Manager and various Field and HQ business partners to support, analyze and pilot various labor related initiatives.
- Identify key drivers of risk and opportunity and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities.
- Completely own, understand and manage the labor model, ensuring it has the highest level of data integrity (e.g. store attributes, time standards, weekly forecast and budget data inputs).
- Own weekly responsibilities: hindsight reporting, loading weekly forecast workload drivers, and preparing and delivering of store level staffing reports.
Who you are
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs