About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Iconic global retailer is looking for a dynamic self starter to help build and manage a robust data privacy and information management program. You’ll work on broad range of strategic projects and initiatives relating to the adoption of effective privacy and information governance policies and procedures across the enterprise with a focus on risk minimization. Previous privacy or information governance experience is preferred but not required for candidates with experience in project management, information technology, or compliance.
What you'll do
- Maintain and keep up to date the systems of record for business processes and information retention and deletion rules ensure the effective management of information and privacy risk
- Support the maintenance of the systems of record for enterprise applications and vendors
- Monitor changes to applications, business practices, vendors and personnel and keep accurate data on such changes
- Promote and support the implementation of privacy and information governance standards
- Project-manage various information governance initiatives to implement effective solutions and process changes across the enterprise. Includes gathering and interpreting requirements from business partners
- Partner with IT to implement information governance and privacy policies
- Assist with monitoring compliance with privacy and information governance policies and implementing remediation as required
Support information governance and privacy training and awareness efforts
- Administer responses to audits and assessments with privacy or information governance findings
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field required
Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field preferred
5+ years of information governance, privacy or IT experience required, at least 2 of which include business analyst related experience
Working knowledge of privacy and information governance issues and requirements in the US private sector
Experience working with information security and technology teams on information governance and privacy requirements
Project management experience including requirements gathering and solution design
Familiarity with taxonomy and metadata development standards
Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to learn and navigate complex data and information systems and processes.
Ability to prioritize, escalate appropriately and handle multiple assignments
Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
Ability to work independently and drive results
Sense of humor
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs