Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position will be responsible for the creation of print-readyfinal artwork and
mechanicals for marketing materials. Key requirements for this role includeexpert knowledge of current design software, a strong working knowledge ofvarious printing platforms and prepress techniques, the ability to solveproblems and communicate effectively with business partners, as well as astrong sense of design to support conceptual development.
What you'll do
- Create ready to producefinal artwork and mechanicals for creative elements.
- Maintain personal daily andweekly production schedule
- Actively participate increative / production handoff meetings
- Maintain responsibility forprojects from creative hand-off through finaldelivery
- Adhere to mechanical quality standards and proofing /sign-off procedures to ensure error-free deliverables
- Participate in the review ofinternal and external proofs
- Maintain the integrity of the creative conceptthroughout the production process
- Create mechanical mock-upsfor proofing purposes
- Adhere to namingand back-up procedures to ensure properarchiving of digital assets
- Deliver final artwork to business partners and / orsuppliers (via cd, ftp, extranet,email, etc.)
- Continually manage, and work to improve, the quality of department deliverables
- Gather and record information from business partners and suppliers thatfacilitates efficient studio workflow through Digital Production (ie. legal,print specifications, etc.)
Who you are
- Uncompromising attention to detail and maintenance ofthe highest degree of quality
- Strong working knowledge ofAdobe Creative Suite (CS6)
- Working knowledge of printing platforms (Lithography,Flexography, Screen Print, etc.)
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time
- Design sensibility, coupled with the desire and skillto be strong creative partners
- Strong listening, verbal andwritten communication skills
- Ability to apply pastlearning to present situations
- Constant drive to gainadditional knowledge to improve skill set
- Minimum 3-5 years experienceand college degree
- Experience with creatinglayouts with multiple languages
- Pre Press / Printingexperience is desirable
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs