About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Test and Learn Center of Excellence team falls within the Data & Analytics organization. The overarching objective for the Test & Learn team is to provide support to the enterprise via best practices, experimentation systems/tools, test governance to ensure that whatever we are testing, in core or innovation areas, is done with statistical rigor and clear metrics to enable confidence in results and impact on the business. Additionally, this team will help build the “test and learn” culture throughout the enterprise.
Provide analyses and insights to drive execution of the capabilities that enable our brands to read and react to customer demand. Model, measure and report on adoption and effectiveness of these capabilities, define the tools and data structures that support their execution and tracking, and perform ad hoc analyses to address complex business questions.
• Provide quantitative research, analysis and support to identify business opportunities/issues and form hypotheses
• Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
• Provide assistance needed to implement strategic recommendations
• Manage and execute analytical efforts to support Gap, Inc initiatives and brand specific supply chain strategies
• Identify and track the metrics to measure the success of a specific business opportunity
• Identify process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans, supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Own and develop costing, financial and optimization models for Supply Chain
• Proactively foster strong brand and business partner relationships as part of analytical efforts
Who you are
• MS degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Management Science or related analytics field
• 4-6years of experience in analytics role, academia, analytic consulting in retail/consumer products or supply chain in general
• Proven ability to build and maintain complex financial and/or supply chain models
• Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches, preferably in retail
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
• Proven ability to develop and apply analytic solutions to solve business problems
• Ability to work at a high level and detail level (as needed) to draw conclusions and make recommendations
• Demonstrated examples of working with business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.