About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have theopportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way ourcustomers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOpsmodel, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build andoperate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificialintelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have theopportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all whilelearning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challengesand push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come jointhis diverse team and grow with us.
In GapTech, we are obsessed with our internal customers’success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver excellence toour internal customers, and exceed their expectations.
The Technical Lead role is focused on providing exceptional ITsupport to our Design Teams including Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta,across 3 campus locations, and will require partnering with Gap Inc.’s ServiceDesk, and global GapTech teams to resolve technical and process relatedissues.
The primary focus of the Technical Lead is to ensure that thetechnology needs of our internal Design Team customers are being addressed proactively. All issues and requests are to be resolved within the agreed servicelevel objectives and whenever possible, exceed agreed SLOs. Provide clear andtimely communications to the Specialty Support Team manager and Design Teamcustomers, detailing resolution timelines.
This role also involves scheduled after-hours support, as wellas periodic off-site support, including meetings / conferences. If issuescannot be resolved by the Technical Lead, they are responsible for engaging theappropriate Gap Tech teams, or vendors, in order to quickly and efficientlyresolve outstanding issues.
What you'll do
- Subject Matter Expert, and Single Point of Contact for support for Design Teams, and their specialized tools, across Gap Inc.
- Serve as immediate escalation point for technical operations, and process issues
- Develop strong support relationships with each Design Team, and partner with key business contacts to proactively support all IT initiatives for their teams.
- Manage successful onboarding of new hires for the Design Teams across the campus, configure their systems, and ensure they have access to all the necessary tools for their role
- Partner with teams across GapTech, and Gap Inc. to troubleshootesolve issues impacting Design team systems, and tools, and drive resolutions to issues
- Work closely with Design Team leaders from all brands to gain a strong understanding of their technical needs, and offer sound solutions that present opportunities to mitigate issues, and provide efficiency in the way they work
- Manage relationships with vendors who service the software tools, and hardware that the design team uses in their daily work
- Provide ‘off-hours’ support during busy periods when the business has aggressive deadlines
- Continually analyze quantitative and qualitative data, evaluate opportunities to improve existing processes, and drive initiatives to improve our technical and service delivery to the Design Teams
Who you are
- 5+ years of IT services and support experience gained in a large enterprise organization, preferably in the retail industry
- Strong experience in providing 1st / 2nd line IT support
- Ability to effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Display proactive engagement, deadline oriented, high sense of urgency
- Proven ability in analyzing technical problems or process opportunities and recommending sound, creative, logical solutions
- Dynamic team player, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skillset
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate point of view
- Comfortable and confident in dealing with ambiguity and change
- High professional standards: excellent customer service skills; possess a positive “can-do” attitude
- Experience in supporting AccuMark – Pattern Design, Adobe CC, Coyote Pattern Design, NedGraphics, and Optitex fashion design software, and Gerber Technology plotters, and digitizers
- Technical expertise with MS Office Suite, ServiceNow (preferred)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training,
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs