About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
TheProject Manager of Store MaintenanceOperations supports the Store Productivity team to create effectivecommunication, tools and resources to drive increased field support andimproved product sell through in Gap Inc. North America stores. The ProjectManager of Store Maintenance Operations will collaborate with cross functionaland cross channel business partners requiring the ability to build strongpartnerships while solving problems quickly and effectively.
Therole is responsible for developing and maintaining processes, tools anddocumentation for maintenance of our stores, minor remodels, and storage toensure a seamless execution in the field while reducing costs. This positionpartners with the Director of Real Estate Growth & Operations on key strategiesand must be able to manage and execute multiple projects while representing thevoice of the field and customers in all interactions.
What you'll do
Builds strongcross-functional partnerships at all levels with Store Operations, StoreLeadership Teams, Upper Field Leaders, Creative Services, Construction, StorePlanning, Finance, Real Estate, Visual Operations, Marketing, Field Visual andStore Maintenance amongst others.
Represents Stores andStore Operations with other business partners; acts as an advocate for Stores.
- Manage in store execution of store maintenance initiatives andprograms through effective project planning to include communication andoverall partnerships with field and headquarters teams
- Develop andinfluence store maintenance strategies toensure flawless execution through effective detailed resources, tools andcommunication to stores
- Lead and hold full accountability forall aspects of our store maintenance programs from budgets to resources to schedules
- Coordinate field feedback to support futureremodels and store maintenance initiatives
- Identify and initiate change management strategies toeffectively implement initiatives
- Develop andexecute all store communication associatedwith remodels (major and minor), new store openings and store maintenanceprograms
- Collaborate with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for ongoingprocess improvement.
- Analyze and propose solutions, within brand store environment.
- Conduct needs assessments and analyze competitors to enable best in classprocesses
Who you are
- Continuous Learning - articulates and embraces challenges; learnsfrom and seeks information that can result in improved business results
- Innovation - demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm and then implementnew ideas and solutions with the team
- Customer Impact – identifies opportunities within the storeenvironment and offers solutions to improve the overall customer experience
- Commercial Impact – understands the importance of achievingcommercial and business goals
- Detail Orientated – demonstrates attention to detail in thecreation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
- Self-Accountability – sets specific and measurable performanceobjectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
- Problem Solving – articulates successful response tochallenging situations utilizing available knowledge while consideringalternative solutions
- Time Management – demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasksand projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately
- Ambiguity – adapts and continues to perform throughchange and ambiguity
- Retail Stores experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs