About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us in our headquarters offices for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program is based in San Francisco.
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and our leaders in technology. You will work on individual projects as well as a challenging group project that you will present to senior management at the end of the summer. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, local excursions, volunteering in the community, etc.
Our Finance Interns can work in many different areas of our company (company planning, loss prevention, real estate, etc.) and will assist in preparing business review presentations highlighting financial and operational performance to present to senior leaders. Benchmarking and/or marketplace inquiry will also be a focus, so we are looking for candidates who have a strong self-starter attitude and are able to navigate through raw data. You will also work closely with other finance team members and partners to support, analyze and pilot various initiatives. Through this experience you will gain familiarity with brand and corporate finance teams to develop skills necessary effectively influence business and investment decisions.
What you'll do
- Support Finance team in analyzing current business trends to help leadership make decisions to support earnings growth
- Build out and refine tools to ensure more efficient processes - making the business more agile and responsive
- Identify risks and opportunities in business strategy
- Perform ROI to determine success of ongoing projects
- recap and review business performance weekly/monthly
Who you are
Undergraduate degree in progress with a concentration in finance, accounting, economics or business — accepting students that graduate in December 2020 and Spring 2021
GPA of 3.0 or above
Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly
For some roles, Essbase experience is a plus
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to understand or quickly grasp customer priorities and terminology
Self-starter attitude and able to navigate through raw data to identify a pattern
Effective oral and written communication skills
Able to organize, prioritize and manage time
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs