About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Rotational Management Program (RMP) is an entry level corporate based, highly competitive, training program that exposes participants to principal areas of our business.
This program is open to college graduates who are passionate about retail and would like to begin their career with an industry leader.
Based in our San Francisco and New York headquarters, you have the opportunity to rotate through three areas: Merchandising, Inventory Management, and Production, as well as an in-store experience prior to each rotation. In addition, special projects will be assigned that allow trainees to directly influence the business and interact with senior management.
During the ten-month training period participants in RMP will receive hands-on experience in running our business and understanding the Gap Inc. culture - you'll learn while you work.
This is a full time position that offers employment benefits.
After successfully completing RMP's training and functional rotations, participants will have an opportunity to work full time in one of the following jobs in our San Francisco and New York offices: Assistant Merchandiser, Planning Analyst, or Assistant Production Manager.
What you'll do
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities, as well as an understanding of financial measurements, such as sales, gross margin, etc. and how to impact them
- Possess strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate leadership qualities such as a strong point of view and willingness to take calculated risks
- Be able to organize multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Be able to identify priorities, strive for results and execute tasks with a sense of urgency
- Be passionate and motivated about working in the retail/fashion industry
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit; desire to manage your own business in a fast paced environment
Who you are
- Must be a college graduate or will receive a Bachelor's degree by August 2020
- Students of all majors are welcome to apply with an overall GPA of 3.0
- Past retail experience is preferred but not required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs