About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Global Supply Chain and Product Operations Product Management group designs, creates, and implements process and software to support best in class retail supply chain capabilities.
The work of Product Management impacts all brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix.
Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands
This is the team that ideates, executes and delivers technology to support product to market capabilities that support Gap, Inc.’s portfolio of brands.
We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Within the IM Product Management team, we build software to support assortment, planning, booking, allocation and price capabilities that enable Gap Inc. to drive our retail business and maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle. We enable capabilities that are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance our customer experience. The Product Manager II will work to drive the strategy and implementation for new capabilities as well as the optimization of new and existing processes within Gap Inc.
This role will focus on continuing to modernize our booking process and creating competitive advantages for the portfolio of brands.
The Product Manager II will drive the product roadmap.
What you'll do
Serve as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
Partner with brand and sourcing leaders to identify opportunities in current processes and systems to create a prioritized roadmap for functional changes to maximize returns on application development efforts
Maintain and prioritize a backlog of work for multiple scrum teams and represent the voice of the customer throughout product development
Collaborate with local and distributed business partners and agile development teams
Deliver software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
Ensure impacts to the brands and sourcing teams are clearly articulated and anticipated to ensure successful feature enablement
Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities
Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvement
Build relationships with key brand partners and other brand stakeholders
Bring form and structure to ambiguous situations
Who you are
- Professional Experience
- 4-6 year work experience required
- Experience in supply chain management or inventory management industry preferred
- Product Management experience with complex scope to support business transformation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers to achieve a desired outcome
- Agile software development
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs