About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to own the forecast and budget for Stores Repair and Maintenance (R&M) and Construction expenses. In this role, you will forecast and budget for all Gap Inc. brands for US, Canada and Mexico. You will be responsible for compilation and review of the forecast, including reconciliation of the forecast inputs against final accounting results, reporting those results and providing detailed variance explanations to the Other Store Expense (OSE) line item owner. You will also identify key opportunities, provide a strong financial and business point of view, and communicate and influence strategic business decisions. You will partner with the Brand Field Finance teams, Real Estate Finance, Capital Accounting, Store Development and various other functions to confirm alignment and provide guidance to ensure business understanding of the forecasting and accounting implications resulting from operational decisions.
What you'll do
- Prepare monthly forecasts and presentations for OSE to explain variances to budget, prior forecast and prior year
Collaborate with Repair & Maintenance leadership and Capital teams to develop annual budget, present cause of change from prior year
Provide monthly analysis on cost trends of Repair & Maintenance and Construction expenses to Brand Finance teams and operational business partners
Collaborate with various functions to understand and document forecast/budget variances, create ad-hoc reporting to support business decisions and provide guidance on level of risk and opportunities
Identify cost savings, participate in process improvements/innovation to create efficiency, increase forecast/budget accuracy and reporting
Deliver results against competing priorities and bold timelines
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 3+ years in accounting or financial analysis
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Able to utilize multiple points of data to develop hypotheses and drive decision-making
- Strong problem identification, presentation, and resolution skills and comfortable presenting to management and working in cross-functional teams
- Able to demonstrate effective communication and persuasion skills to all levels of the organization
- Able to learn quickly, identifying a range of people and sources to gather information
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs