Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea — to make it easier to find a pair of jeans — and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business with five brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix. We have more than 125,000 employees worldwide, more than 3,300 stores in 90 countries, several global e-commerce sites and we're still growing. Gap Inc. is a Fortune 500 specialty apparel retailer that runs Franchise operations, specialty retail brick and mortar, ecommerce marketplaces, wholly owned websites, and Outlet channels. Core to our extensive operations are our commitments to Gap Inc.’s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our commitment to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo we offer the opportunity to grow a career in a global company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Technical Program Management and Business Engagement Brand Moves Senior Manager is a critical role accountable to ensure delivery of all technology capabilities impacting and enabling our logistics and fulfillment operations and accountable for real-time relevant business communications and engagement to ensure our logistics and fulfillment uptime and throughput meets the operating need. This position will be responsible for coordinating execution of end-to-end technology strategies across Product Management, Engineering and Architecture teams to support funded portfolio initiatives and communicating with key Business and GapTech stakeholders. The position works across product management and engineering in partnership to ensure product teams meet requirements and deadlines for business capabilities. As the member of business engagement team for Logistics & Fulfillment, the individual will assume all status and recovery is communicated, all new deployments and all integration with DC/FC mechanical systems is done in lock step and partnership with logistics leadership. This role leads the technical engagement across all our brands and DCs/FCs accountable for 14 DCs/FCs globally. The role manages large project teams with an average team of 15 to 20 resources depending on the size of projects to be delivered. The role may also manage more than one project simultaneously. The role reports to the Director of Technical Program Management & Business Engagement in GapTech.
What you'll do
- Contribute to annual portfolio planning process is integrated and aligned across Product Management, Engineering and Architecture; facilitate ongoing partnership and alignment across these organizations as portfolio changes are needed
- Facilitate delivery partnership through the right level of planning, coordination, alignment and leadership visibility occurs to ensure on-time, on budget delivery of initiatives
- Ensure successful delivery execution of large complex projects/programs consisting of multiple cross- functional/ organizational Agile teams through PMO best practices
- Maintain overall financial and milestone status of initiatives and provide visibility across your projects ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner
- Provide timely visibility of critical business-impacting technology issues to business and technology leaders to ensure business-impacting issues are communicated in business language and provide coordination to ensure ongoing status is communicated with contingency options
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts by providing input into an enterprise framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of project and business engagement managers who coordinate delivery and communications across GapTech, lead a high performing team
- Communicate business critical status and lead logistics & fulfillment engagement team in regular communications of status to the Logistics Leadership Team
- Participate in strategic planning to optimize inventory placement – including planning transfer, flow calendar, and allocation strategy in partnership with Gap Inc. brand leads and Central Brand Ops
- Collaborate with brand operations, inventory control, and DC operations to facilitate strategic movement of inventory across our network
- Lead execution effort across GapTech teams end-to-end (purchase order creation and allocation through distribution/fulfillment, inclusive of financial settlement) - including project planning, development/configuration, testing, deployment, and technical support