About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Cloud Engineering team is driving anexciting transformation of the way software is developed, deployed and consumedglobally at GapTech, using principles of Cloud Native, DevOps and ContinuousDelivery.
The Principal Engineer – Service Discoverywill architect, evaluate, build and operate bleeding edge service gateway,catalog and discovery capabilities that positively optimize GapTech’s softwaredevelopment and delivery lifecycle. The engineer will also help, guide andengage with Engineering teams producing APIs which require OIDC. This role leadsdefinition and implementation of the cloud native scalable API/ServiceDiscovery platform while working closely with the larger architecture andproduct management groups to drive product roadmap and industry best practices.This is a highly influential technical role to create and drive the thearchitectural strategy
What you'll do
- Implement and support new and existingplatform solutions for service development and consumption, including:
Globally available API Gateways
Globally aware Service Discovery
Internal and external Service Catalogs
- Collaborate with Cloud, Network,DevOps and Application architects to define security and governance models forMicroservices environment.
- Define the Design pattern for Microservice Discovery and Management
- Evaluate and design the ServiceMeshoffering for Container native Service Management and Discovery – Hybrid Cloudand On premise deployment
- Evangelize API and Microservicesarchitectural and governance methodologies and influence buy in from diverseset of key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and guidance togeographically spread out teams.
- Assess, define and develop roadmap& architectural plans for Enterprise wide API and Service Managementadoption.
- Define, execute and continuouslyimprove architectural processes and technology recommendations.
- Communicate risks and guide seniormanagers and teams in developing highly scalable, traceable, resilient andsecure solutions.
- Able to clearly look through severaltechnologies and create long term strategic vision, while executing short termtactical solutions.
- Design instrumentation proceduresand systems that analyze services performance and call traceability.
- Strong understanding of industry andenterprise-wise trends.
Who you are
- Bachelor's in Computer Sciences or related fields required. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Expertise in API Managementtechnology stacks. Apigee offerings preferred
- Has technical command of end to endIntegration and underlying Cloud Tech stack
- Understanding of and ability tocustomize various security mechanisms like oAuth, SAML, OpenID to line ofbusiness requirements.
- Thorough understanding and implementationexperience in various TLS/SSL security models, including Mutual-Auth,cryptography, PKI.
- Expertise in Container andcontainer-orchestration frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift andCloudFoundary.
- Experience in configurationmanagement tools like Ansible/Chef and Terraform.
- Highly driven, self-motivated andwith excellent verbal and writing skills.
- 10+ years of of Information Technologyexperience with a minimun of 6 years current hands-on development of platformsolutions, including:
API Gateways (Apigee, Mashery, Zuul, etc.)
Microservices (Java, Node.js preferred)
Software Delivery Pipelines
Large scale infrastructure deployments and support
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs