About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Thisposition is responsible for leading and assisting with all food production anddelivery for the café and banquet events. Provides direction and training toline cooks, prep cooks and dishwashers. Receiving daily product deliveries,order reconciliation to delivered products, and performing inventory are alsoessential job functions. The Sous Chef also assists with food costing, and menuplanning. This position works directly with the Café Chef and Manager to assurea high level of customer satisfaction, timely food production and delivery.Continually seeks and communicates methods for process improvement to increaseefficiencies department-wide.
Reports toSupervisor, Food Services. Interacts with business partners at all levels andvendor representatives.
What you'll do
- Communicates recipes, portioning andmerchandising details to Line Cooks as directed.
- Creates production sheets and coordinatesdaily workflow
- Ensures that all kitchen and storage areasare organized, clean, safe and that product is stored (FIFO), dated and labeledproperly.
- Ensures that safety and sanitation proceduresfor compliance with all guidelines form OSHA, Department of Public Health andRisk Management are met.
- Trains and coaches staff on customer serviceskills. Continually seeks opportunitiesto improve the customer experience.
- Develops and motivates kitchen teams tocontinually upgrade skills and food knowledge
- Provide performance feedback on consistentbasis. Provide training and coaching asneeded to direct reports for performance improvement
Who you are
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs