About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for an attorney with marketing, promotions, and consumer law experience to join a collaborative and fun legal team. You will advise our brands’ marketing, merchandising, product design, online, and social media teams on a variety of issues, as well as manage commercial and intellectual property- disputes and litigation. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with great judgment and communication skills.
What you'll do
- Advise on legal clearance of advertising and marketing materials, product claims, promotional offers, contests and sweepstakes, social media, and product designs.
- Provide strategic advice to business partners on business initiatives and issues; proactively identify potential liability and reputational risks and collaborate with business partners on creative and practical solutions.
- Manage and drive effective resolution of commercial, advertising, trademark and copyright claims and litigation.
- Develop and drive implementation of measures to mitigate risk, increase speed and efficiency, and further the long-term interests of Gap Inc.
- Manage complex legal matters and participate in cross-functional teams and projects.
- Direct the work of paralegals and manage outside counsel.
Who you are
- Juris Doctor or LLM from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant legal experience in advertising, promotions, and/or retail and consumer law
- In-house experience and/or retail or consumer products experience a plus
- Able to cut through complexity to distill the most important issues
- Able to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Practical mindset with ability to balance legal risk with business impact
- Action-oriented, able to prioritize and juggle multiple matters
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs