About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Inventory Management Manager leads a team of Senior Inventory Planners, Planners, and Analysts through development, execution and communication of financial sales and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. Develops broader, longer term strategies for area of responsibility.
What you'll do
- Oversees the development of division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Develop and communicate department financial and product strategies, in alignment with division objectives
- Manage development of annual, seasonal, monthly & weekly merchandise plans
- Own tops-down & bottoms-up department(s) to division financial reconciliation
- Develop department level pricing recommendations in alignment with division financial plans
- Own developing department-level LRP strategies and financials
- Inform and influence commercial plan"
- Drive in-season business discussions and actions/decisions for department(s), including pricing strategies and demand driven buying
- Manage overall strategies, issues and resolution for OTB
- Continuously monitor business and immediately develop risk mitigation plans as needed to resolve
- Evaluate and recap seasonal performance to influence future strategies
- Influence in-season commercial plan changes
- Lead team priorities and initiatives, organize tasks, monitor workflow, and remove roadblocks to support team in meeting deadlines
- Inform IM business processes and serve as SME for process improvements
- Participate in division and cross-functional projects for process and operational improvements
- Manage team of Inventory Planners and Analysts
- Balance workload priorities across departments
- Support career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and development
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Influence others, function and cross-functional partners, to drive results
- Act as primary trainer for team on IM processes and operating models
Who you are
- Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent experience
- 3-5years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
2 years of supervisory experience,preferred
- Financialand Business Acumen:
Ability to evaluatefinancial and business indicators and translate data into actionableinformation to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- ProblemSolving & Decision Quality:
Able touse rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing& Negotiation:
Can present ideas anddirections that lead others to action
- Systemsand Tools Acumen:
Proficiency inMicrosoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
Able to build constructive and effectiverelationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possessstrong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstratestrong listening, written and oral communication skills
Developing Direct Reports &Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs