Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Assistant MarketingManager, Promotions is responsible for supporting the Promotions Marketing teamin day-to-day activities needed for the development, execution, and reporting onpromotions for Gap.com (site and email). The position will report into theMarketing Manager – Promotions.
What you'll do
- Marketing calendar owner: keep marketing calendarupdated daily; work with marketing partners and production to ensure accuracy.
- QA email proofs and beta links for the US and Canadamarkets with a customer-centric mindset.
- Reporting: contribute to weekly business reporting bypulling promotions performance (Venus). Contribute to weekly channel reportingin Adobe Analytics. Additional ad hoc reporting as requested by the Marketingteam.
- Competitor research (site and email) for keypromotional holidays. Compile and maintain competitor tracking decks to sharewith the team, as needed.
- Administrative support and additional projects asrequired.
Who you are
- 1-2 years experience in online marketing,merchandising or other aspect of online business is required.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention todetail, and project management experience: ability to manage/prioritizemultiple projects simultaneously, learn on the fly as necessary.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in afast-paced retail environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in multiple online platforms;experience with Adobe Analytics desired.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Communications,Fashion/Merchandising or similar.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs