About Hill City
We started Hill City because we wanted to change the narrative. The idea of ‘high-performance’ has been traditionally marketed to ultra-athletes, power suits, and outdoorsmen. And we’re taught from a young age to compartmentalize our lives based on those outdated archetypes. How we should act. What we should wear. But living an active lifestyle means more than that.
We’re athletes, innovators, and adventurers—but also fathers, partners, and friends. At any given moment, we are all of those things at once. Our needs change with every aspect of our lives. We don’t just want high-performance. Our lives demand it. We’re looking for innovators who want to be part of something new and are willing to push boundaries with us.
About the role
We are looking for an Associate Manager of Experience and Retail Marketing to accelerate Hill City’s growth.
The ideal candidate will excel at supporting, building, developing and executing brand experiences that introduce Hill City to new audiences and that strengthen Hill City’s relationship with its existing customer base.
This role is in San Francisco and reports to the Manager of Experience + Retail and works collaboratively with all team functions, including Creative, Marketing Strategy, Product, Ecommerce, Operations and partners within Gap Inc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
What you'll do
- Support the development and execution of an experience and retail marketing strategy that strengthens and compliments the broader Hill City marketing plan and seasonal campaigns
- Drive and provide feedback on ongoing and campaign-based customer experiences and programs that bring Hill City to new audiences
- Help to execute our Hill City retail footprint and aesthetic across different formats including mobile, pop-up, events, shop-in-shop, and retail
- Bring Hill City to life through physical expression of the brand.
This team will also be responsible for capturing and creating content.
- Support day-to-day reporting of marketing analytics associated with performance marketing
- Build and refine reporting and best operating practices across experience marketing
- Support weekly sharing of experience and retail marketing performance and what we are learning
- Provide support in building annual and seasonal marketing budgets
- Provide support in development of brand marketing strategy and campaign marketing strategy
- Make our team and our brand better
Who you are
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a passion for the Hill City brand and are motivated to by the idea of re-defining what high performance looks like
- You have many interests – including fashion, sport, and adventure
- You prioritize long-term growth over short-term growth and place high value on brand and aesthetic
- You are a leader and you influence and make your cross-functional teams better.
People love working with you.
- You are highly curious about marketing, early stage growth, and brand.
This is the stuff you read about in your spare time
- You don’t know everything.
But, you are confident in your ability to learn almost anything
- You are results-oriented
- You can use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- You are constantly searching for a better way to do things
- You thrive in both doing the work of the work and in managing the function
- You want to have fun at work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with some combination of brand marketing strategy, experience marketing, marketing planning, digital marketing with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
- Willing and able to travel as business requires
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drives Results
- Customer Impact
Benefits at Hill City
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Hill City, Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs