About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Technical Manager of Product Engineeringmanages software development, implementation and support efforts across GapInc. technologies collection of eCommerce Platform and Store Technology. Thiscollection of products forms a cohesive, scalable platform that is the basisfor Gap Inc success and future growth. As a member of the Product Engineeringgroup, you are the driving force behind building products and the delivery ofmultiple, concurrent business initiatives that leverage and extend our robusttechnical platform. You possess deep technical knowledge, years of softwaredevelopment experience, proven leadership skills and ability to forge strongworking relationships that cross organizational lines to aid us in our Dev Opstransition.
What you'll do
- Accountable for ensuring product/projectdelivery excellence in the Logical Inventory domain of Customer Experience andGlobal Supply Chain.
- Manage multiple product teams to build andoperate the Personalization and Customer Communication platform in the cloud.
- Provides leadership and direction for DevOpsproduct team members.
- Works closely with product managers todefine strategies for product capabilities, business applications and processesin Gap Tech.
- Works with business and IT leadershipthroughout the strategic planning process. Participates in the process to prioritizeand scope future product capabilities and initiatives.
- Works with business and IT leadership toprioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needswhile maintaining strategic direction.
- Evaluates business needs, researches andformulates application solutions, and makes solution recommendations to GapTech leadership.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability and experience inproviding managerial leadership a product team centric DevOps organization.
- Solid commercial software engineering skillsfor API development in Cloud, Java/J2EE commerce platform and CI/CD frameworks.
- Comfortable working with seniormanagement, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and softwaredevelopers. Ability to interact with business executives in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate andempower others.
- Full lifecycle development experience onlarge projects, creating distributed and scalable Retail systems. Strongknowledge of cloud technologies, industry standards and techniques indevelopment and testing.
- Familiarity with a variety of SDLCmethodologies (i.e. RUP, XP, Scrum, Lean, etc.)
- 3-5years of experience in management and leading teams.
- Understandingof online apparel retailing business processes a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accreditedcollege, or equivalent experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs