About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunityto build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customersinteract with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model,allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operatewith immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence,mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build acareer that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical andleadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves tocreate what’s next in this dynamic industry.
What you'll do
- Works collaboratively with Mobile ProductManagement, UX Design and Mobile Platform Architect to design and leaddevelopment of Gap mobile applications
- Consults with key technology stakeholders(internal and external API owners, etc.) to drive enhancements and changes totheir products when needed by the mobile applications
- Drives analysis of metrics (NewRelic, etc.) datato constantly improve the user experience, leads the team in its DevOpsjourney, iterating on alerting and other incident identification tools todetect and resolve issues before our users do
- Engages actively in building out a dynamic andproductive development organization and continuously improving practices andmethodology through code reviews, mentoring, identifying training needs, etc.
- Collaborates with the Team Lead to identifystandards-based solutions that are appropriate to the app
- Participates and drives organizational goals andobjectives.
Who you are
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift, extensiveexperience implementing iOS design patterns like MVC, MVVM, etc. Strongobject-oriented design skills, ideally as both an individual contributor andmentor for other engineers
- A minimum of 3 years software developmentexperience, and experience designing and developing iOS Applications with aproven history and large-scale MAUs
- Experience with payments and other iOS peripherals(printers, scanners, payment processing) is also a strong plus
- Track record of building efficient,well-designed mobile applications
- Hands-on experience with Agile developmentpractices & Agile, XP, or Scrum project methodologies
- Passionate about continuously improvingorganizational practices
- Full lifecycle development experience on largeprojects, creating distributed and scalable business systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs