About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Old Navy Personal Care Manager leads and develops a team to drive competitive advantage for Gap Inc. by developing strategies to deliver results in current areas under management and identifying new opportunities for savings and process improvement. The manager is responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders that lead to on-going strategic partnerships.
The 3rd party and Licensing team is a sourcing organization within Gap Inc. that handles strategy, sourcing and production management for the products within Gap Inc. that are bought from a third party, private label and/or licensing vendor. The team supports a variety of product categories from private label shoes, to licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care and more. Our team provides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking support, negotiating contracts, sourcing & on-boarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management.
What you'll do
Works with brand strategy to create sourcing models relevant to support business needs
Provides market intelligence for personal care, beauty, third party and consumables categories.Leads a team to develop, implement, and execute a product development strategy that maintains brand aesthetic and product quality, while maximizing cost efficiencies.
Engages and establishes critical partnerships with the Gap Inc Leadership teams to collaborate, influence and drive sourcing strategy
Builds relationships and influences cross-functional business partners
Accountable for driving career development of direct report
Supporting the development of fragrance and color cosmetics collections from start to finish, including vendor management, cost negotiations, product quality reviews, timeline management and creative problem solving
Managing product placement & communication between multiple vendor partners and high sku counts
Develop sourcing strategies in support of long range plans for personal care category for Old Navy
Provide key insights by leveraging analysis and experience to identify and prioritize new sourcing opportunities and supplier partner relationship structures
Leverage technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach. Regularly leverages industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices for category strategies
Build effective strategic relationships and successfully partners across varied functions with internal stakeholders across Old Navy, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
Leverages strong influencing skills to define strategic sourcing role and align project objectives and targets with GIS and Brand Leadership
Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to develop supporting strategies.
Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond
Develop leadership, sourcing capability and category expertise for the team. Supports team in the development of strategies for implementation and change management
Leads and conducts, as needed, high visibility and complex competitive negotiation processes
Who you are
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing long-term capabilities in others and across a global organization, having found enjoyment developing best-in-industry teams and sharing talent across the organization.
- Strategic Orientation: significant experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to drive broad strategic impact across a business. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: Significant experience leading a team and driving long-term results through category strategies, levering in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the organization.
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 5+years professional experience in production, sourcing, global supply chain, merchandising or management consulting. 3+ in beauty preferred. People management experience required.
- Category expertise: experience in Personal Care/ Beauty/ Color Cosmetics preferred but not necessary
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs