About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GSC Finance is responsible for all aspects of the financial performance management of Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain, including Sourcing Finance and Logistics Finance. We partner with the Global Sourcing and Global Logistics operational teams to develop and achieve GSC’s financial and operational goals.
What you'll do
- Consolidate monthly forecast P&Ls and cause of change explanations for GSC P&L.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities and provide visibility to leadership on monthly basis.
- Participation in monthly forecast review meetings with budget owners, GSC CFO and EVP including speaking to key trends and themes in monthly forecasts as well as identified risk and opportunities.
- Develop, prepare and present department level reporting to upper level management on a monthly basis, highlighting actual vs. forecast vs. budget variances
- Assistance in monthly allocations to Brand P&Ls including reporting, execution, and variance explanations.
- Participate in the annual Budget process, including compilation and analysis of key metrics and consolidating reporting.
- Partner with manager to redesign and streamline existing tools and processes to support an integrated view of the organization.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Contribute a thorough understanding of the Essbase cube and all connected cubes.
- Participate in QA and testing to support system fixes and development of new cubes.
- Provide ad hoc support to broader Finance team as needed.
Who you are
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, closing and reconciling expenditures.
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to an ambiguous, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; works well as a part of a team; able to interact with various management levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners globally.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a positive and constructive manner.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with financial systems (Oracle Financial Systems desired).
- Extensive experience with Hyperion Essbase is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 4 to 6 years of business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- FP&A experience preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs