Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This individual will be responsible for marketing investment analysis to ensure compliance to budget on marketing divisional spend. The marketing finance group will support marketing financial strategies.
What you'll do
- Lead the monthly forecast and close process for all marketing investments
- Identify and research monthly variances to prior forecast, budget, and prior year, proactively identifying opportunities.
- Work closely with functional areas to understand business flow and key drivers.
- Own monthly meetings with business partners to review current and future marketing investments and ensure compliance with budget.
- Coordinate the annual marketing budget process, working closely with business partners inside and outside of finance, and partner with marketing team on all senior management presentations
- Coordinate training for marketing team on forecasting tools and accounting policies relevant to the area
- Develop ROI mentality for all marketing investments understanding true costs and benefits
- Responsible for all marketing journal entries for monthly close, ensuring accruals have appropriate back up
- Support business partners with ad hoc requests
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CPA a plus
3-5 years experience in a related function with accounting/financial experience, retail experience a plus
Strong understanding of accounting and statistical principles
Excellent technical skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) and interest in mastering new systems
Knowledge of Oracle GL, Oracle sub-ledgers, and EssBase
Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
Superlative interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
Organized and detail oriented
Team player with a positive attitude
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs