We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
This position is responsible for managing all Divisional related expenses for Athleta HQ functions, Athleta’s new business development functions, and ARO (Gap Inc.’s center of innovation for sustainable, product technology). In addition to Divisional expense management, this position also leads the control aspects for the brand including monthly close activities. This position provides broad exposure to leaders across the organization, and plays a critical part in ensuring Gap Inc.’s fastest growing brand continues to grow profitably and sustainably. This position reports to the Director of FP&A/Control.
What you'll do
Manage budget, forecast and close processes for all Divisional expenses related to Athleta HQ functions, Athleta’s new business development functions, and ARO (Gap Inc.’s center of innovation for sustainable, product technology)
Develop accurate financial models for Divisional expenses to support monthly forecast and close processes, highlighting key issues, proactively identifying opportunities and risks, and providing strong financial and business points of view to stakeholders
Deliver accurate, timely, and insightful reporting to budget owners along with recommendations to drive actionable results
Partner closely with Athleta leaders, Human Resources, and Gap Inc. Corporate Finance to manage sensitive and/or confidential information
Effectively communicate and present to business partners at all levels of the organization to influence decision making
Lead Athleta’s monthly close process, ensuring deliverables are accurate and completed on time
Manage monthly close roundtable with key business partners and Athleta Finance team to identify and research variances to forecast across entire P&L
Serve as point of contact for control and accounting policy-related items for Athleta, partnering closely with Gap Inc.’s corporate control group to ensure the broader team is educated on Gap Inc and GAAP accounting rules Oversee the development of division, department and class level plans that support market strategy
Who you are
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with business partners
- Strong attention to detail, skilled at identifying information and insights from multiple sources to deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field; minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Finance or related field, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with a large or high growth consumeretail company or eCommerce/Omnichannel experience a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion is a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs