We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Social Media Coordinator is an entry-level role that plays a key part on Athleta’s organic social media team. Your primarily responsibility will involve executing tasks associated with the posting of social media content and engaging with our social media communities, across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Digital.
What you'll do
- Monitor, listen to, and engage with Athleta’s social audience across several platforms while keeping in line with the organization's community management standards. This includes responding to and “liking” comments, posts and branded hashtags content across social channels.
- Monitoring private/direct messages across social channels and working with our customer service team to respond to consumers comments and questions.
- Proactively find engagement opportunities with influencers and bloggers in the women’s athletic and fashionetail social media space
- Provide assistance in coordinating and administering product fulfillment for contests and influencer programs, interacting with winners/influencers as needed.
- Monitor & social media management and analytics tools to uncover insights, statistics, and trends.
- Provide weekly community engagement & organic social reporting updates
Assemble and distribute product mailers and shop cards for influencers
Source UGC daily and distribute across all relevant channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Schedule/post all content in sync with the approved calendar and according to channel goals and best practices for high engagement; check to assure it goes out as planned, including weekends, while nimbly adjusting to unknowns and scheduling changes.
- Work with Social Media Manager and Graphic Designer to draft/edit copy and/or images as needed to for the various social channels.
- Support planning and execution of social media programs and campaigns as needed.
- Contribute to Athleta’s monthly social content calendar by participating in brainstorms, to generate new ideas that would appeal to our audiences.
- Manage our photo library, including sourcing UGC (user-generated content) from across our social channels, cropping/editing using Photoshop as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree (marketing or communications preferred)
- Interest/Experience in managing social media communities (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms. This includes knowing what type of content works best on what platform, optimizing content accordingly, as well as understanding the different nuances of each platform.
- A strong interest in fitness, wellness and fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills with attention to detail
- Effective time and project management skills with commitment to timelines, accuracy & professionalism
- Creative thinker with an innate visual aesthetic that thrives in a dynamic, collaborative & fast paced environment
- Hands-on knowledge of digital media tools – Digital photography, basic Photoshop/photo editing skills, knowledge of apps commonly used for creating social content; basic video creation/editing skills are a bonus
- Proficient with Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
- An understanding that social media never sleeps: you may occasionally be working after work hours, particularly in crisis situations
NOTE: This is a contractor budgeted position, internal employees are not eligible to apply
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs