About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
At GapTech, we arepassionate about delivering great customer experiences utilizing cutting edgetechnologies through lean development practices. As we continue evolve ourplatform capabilities, the Senior Software Engineer, UI would have apassion for delivering value to our customers and a strong emphasis on qualityand sustainability. The ideal candidate is experienced in usingestablished engineering and design principles to drive and maintain agility inthe codebase. We’re looking for someone who has experience & passion forfront-end technologies, delivering solutions within dynamic teams, &producing something spectacular. GapTech is a place where you can flex yourimagination in engineering industry leading customer experiences that are reliableand scalable.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with the stakeholders, architects, & product team members to implement & deliver front-end focused features to customers with quality.
- Influence and engage actively in continuously improving practices and methodology.
- Display strategic thinking as well as implement and deliver sustainable solutions - keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of engineering, design, testing, implementation, & delivery.
- Identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills.
- Initiate and lead effortstowards organization goals and objectives.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years software development experience, 5 years of which are specific to front-end technologies.
- Understand & experienced in web security, cross-site scripting (XSS).
- Extensive experienced and go-to expert in the selection, evaluation, development, and delivery of front-end (UI) based software solutions including testing strategies, design & architecture, maintenance, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Experienced in optimizing for performance & scale - both server-side and front-end.
- Recently worked on NodeJS-based technologies, containerization, cloud platforms.
- Highly keen on accessibility – WCAG 2.0 AA compliance or higher.
- Holds a minimum B.A./B.S in Computer Science or related at an accredited college or university.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs