About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The IT Administrator I works in a Distribution/Fulfillment Centerenvironment. This role monitors and controls computing systems and associatedperipheral devices to ensure continuous and effective operation; determinesequipment setup and procedures for running such equipment. This role is ageneralist for support needs for the business operations.
What you'll do
- Provide second level technical support tointernal customers’ workstations, peripherals, RF devices, Thin Clients andassociated systems.
- Resolve reported problems related to hardware,operating systems, applications, security/software updates, materials handlingsystems, and configuration issues.
- Utilize technical knowledge and understanding ofend-user and infrastructure systems to work on projects and participate ontechnical project teams.
- Understand customer group’s objectives and howtheir work can help the business realize its goals or, in the event ofproblems, adversely affect their productivity.
- Support the installation of new end-user andinfrastructure systems and upgrades.
- Create or modify procedures to solve problems,some of which may have no existing policies or processes.
- Interface with all levels of IT management in business terms.
Who you are
- Proven quality analytical, organizational, oraland written communication skills.
- Proven history of consistent execution ofdelegated work and quality performance within a team.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quicklyand analyze problems effectively.
- Possess Operating Systems troubleshooting skillsin: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux operating systems and mobile platforms.
- Experience in hardware troubleshooting skills:PC, MAC, Mobile Devices, Thermal label printers, HP / Dell / Ricoh / Xeroxprinters, IP Networks, RF Devices, thin clients and Wireless
- 3 years of current IT Support Experience. PriorWarehouse Operations and Enterprise environment Technical Support a plus
- Basic industry certifications such as CompTIAA+, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent certification or education preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs