About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
The Associate Art Director - Web will work closely with the creative team to develop and produce the e-commerce website, email campaigns, deliver HTML coding and online marketing for Janie and Jack.
What you'll do
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
- Produce design specifications, scenarios, and design prototypes.
- Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with creative director.
- Present multiple solutions per project.
- Manage timing and deliverables for project work.
- Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with copywriters and business partners to design original layouts on a tight schedule
- Work with business, creative and copy teams to clarify objectives, revise creative and ensure accuracy for all projects
- Actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting well-developed creative solutions to meet the given objectives
- Responsible for executing product line updates for all e-commerce website, as well as hand-coding HTML for emails and deploying them in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with the email service provider to manage the day to day operations while resolving issues and refining processes for launching emails
- Responsible for staying current on industry trends, while keeping all brands at the forefront for site/email design and best practices
- Supervise and develop other designers and contractors while balancing personal workflow and priorities
- Giving effective feedback to drive successful designs and design systems, while inspiring and enhancing the efforts of a creative team
Who you are
- BFA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field
- 7+ years of professional experience in web design or multimedia required. Online retail experience a plus.
- Strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills and have relevant experience with a lifestyle-oriented trend-setting brand
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, HTML, flash and must be familiar with InDesign
- Expert in ideas generation and collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
- Must be detailed-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics
- Must be willing to be flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility when necessary.
- Ability to manage competing, high priority projects while identifying creative solutions quickly and to self-direct under ambiguous and changing circumstances
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs