About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Director of Production leads and manages a Global Production Team, which is responsible for the development, execution and communication of a global production strategy. The Director creates and executes the strategic direction for multiple Departments or Division and manages the activities and career development of departmental staff. The Director of Production works within a cross-functional team that includes; Design, Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, R&D, Tech Services, IM and Allocation, responsible for product and strategies to support end-to-end process.
What you'll do
- Product Strategy Management
- Support global vision/business strategy to cross-functional team and departments.
- Manage relationships with global sourcing teams.
- Act as internal information resource for sourcing and current market trends and conditions
- Act as technical mentor for staff and cross-functional team members
- Execute production initiatives that support the business strategy (i.e. quality, VMI, RR)
- Proactively troubleshoot to drive earnings and build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Share top down information that help staff make informed decisions around macro environment, product strategies, and LRPs.
- Manage business to meet or exceed divisional financial goals utilizing RSC initiatives and Chase strategies
- Annual/Seasonal Strategic Planning
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and develop platform opportunities for key dept/div fabric qualities
- Review Responsive Supply Chain candidates and strategies with internal team and Category teams
- Establish annual and seasonal forecasting by category.
- Communicate and execute quarterly, seasonal and annual cost of goods goals.
- Develop, drive and recommend breakthrough strategies to leverage cross-divisionally and cross-departmentally
- Oversee departmental placement validation to forecast each quarter.
- Product Development
- Manage seasonal and annual integrated calendar to manage product flow from inception through DC receipt.
- Establish and communicate opportunities and needs to expand the global vendor, mill and supply base
- Advise team in troubleshooting product issues arising in manufacturing
- Coordinate and play active role in development and bulk placement seasonal strategies.
- Coordinate early bulk fabric reservations across departments.
- Financial Management
- Set, align, and communicate departmental goals.
- Review business management reports by department and make recommendations to drive business results.
- Coach staff to help meet departments’ financial goals and/or strengthen outside relationships.
- Influence business partners to minimize and bring resolution to financial liabilities.
- Special Projects
- Drive results for corporate and brand initiatives.
- Demonstrate leadership skills within and outside of division.
- Implement development plan for self.
- Establish mentor and mentee relationships.
Who you are
- 6 Years Production/Manufacturing experience
- 4 Years Retail or Wholesale experience
- 3 Years People Management experience
- BA or BS preferred
- Domestic & International travel required
- Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Manufacturing and product engineering, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, calendar management, fabric construction and manufacturing and garment construction experience
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Web based applications
- Understanding of cross-functional dependencies
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
- Influence others; Negotiation skills
- Develop plans and implement strategies
- Challenge self and others to think with vision
- Convey positive and realistic expectations to one’s subordinates and superiors
- Be innovative in arriving at new and untried solutions to problems
- Monitor employee performance, provide feedback, and develop employees through formal and on-the-job training: coach and instruct others
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Serve as a resource person regarding business, market and technical matters
- Make effective presentations
- Emphasis on driving and influencing business
- Identify potential areas and ideas for future development and implementation
- Be aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other aspects of business
- Be sensitive to the balance needed in home/work issues
- Develop rapport and credibility with senior management
- Run an organization as one’s own business
- Demonstrate highly developed leadership qualities
- Self-initiate and self-motivate
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs