Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
• Develop and manage the execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Department or Division sales plans.
• Create a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals.
• Drive partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
• Manage teams supporting end-to-end buying of multiple Departments/a Division
• Accountable for the skill development and career growth of direct reports/team.
• Build pre-season Class, Department and Division financial targets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
• Develop pricing recommendations and strategies in alignment with total business financial plans.
• Assist in/own the forecast of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process. Develop product and financial strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
• Develop seasonal category strategies to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
Who you are
• Customer and product centric. Ability to adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
• Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
• Drive Business Results: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
• Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
• Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
• Ability to effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends.
• Ability to skillfully analyze an ambiguous problem, use rigorous logic to formulate a rational for the decisions and take action leveraging cross-functional resources.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs