About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Responsible for providing superior customer service via phone to customers. The Seasonal Customer Service Consultant is also responsible to meet service and sales goals for Gap Inc brands and markets.
What you'll do
- Ability to identify and report any critical or reoccurring customer service issues to Supervisor.
- Manage customer inquiries by providing product information and processing orders.
- Deliver a superior customer experience.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills in every interaction.
- Ensure timely, one-call resolution with customers.
- Utilize suggestive sales techniques to meet established targets.
- Effectively de-escalate customer issues using empathy and conflict resolution skills.
- Utilize effective time management and prioritization skills in order to handle a high volume of calls in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a team focused environment.
- Flex and adapt to rapid change.
- Demonstrate professional communication.
- Demonstrate motivation by identifying personal strengths and opportunities in partnership with supervisor to develop career enhancing skills.
Interact with all levels of the leadership team, business partners and peers.
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong PC skills including internet and windows-based applications
- Knowledge of apparel and fashion terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including de-escalation skills
Minimum educational level:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of customer service and sales experience
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs