Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Strategy, the Senior Analyst is responsible for working closely with Merchandising leadership to support LRP growth plans and initiatives that make those strategies come to life.
The Product Strategy Senior Analyst will support the development of growth strategies for the division through guidance and insights tied to current business performance and market trends.
What you'll do
- Develop consumer, marketplace and trend understanding for the division + categories.
- Leverage divisional + product insights (e.g. market share analysis, data recaps, consumer insights, weather data) to support strategic divisional questions
- Partner closely with Director + Merchandising team to evolve the Divisional LRP based on changes in the business + market
- Analyze business opportunities and build informed recommendations
- Support the Director in management of divisional project plans against key initiatives
- Partner with Merchandising team on questions related to assortment planning
- Participate in special projects related to company initiatives
- Understand product calendar and how to integrate insights into milestones + decision making
Who you are
- Strong interest in/passion for apparel retail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ work experience, preferable in Retail +/or product function
- MBA a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs