About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As theAssociate Concept Designer, Female, you will be part of the broader Old Navy Concept team. The focus of the role is to create trend research, analysis and forecasting documents to inspire and instruct the divisional design teams under the guidance of andin collaboration with the VP Concept and Director Female Concept.
What you'll do
- Research big idea/volume driving trends that will positively impact the bottom line and enhance design integrity for Old Navy and its cross-functional partners
- Conduct research for trend direction by utilizing and analyzing the offerings of trend forecasting companies, fashion publications, fashion sites/blogs, and trade shows, and through street reports from trend-forward cities, domestic and abroad
- Seek out global trends and under-the-radar cultural influences through store research and market/consumer research
- Support the investigation of category-specific research for detailed analysis on areas of concern (silhouette, fabric, color, & fit analysis in addition to competitor comparison) when needed
- Track seasonal runway reports, analyze trends, and analyze how what's happening in ready-to-wear will impact the brand/ your categories
- Coordinate frequent communication with editorial and retail contacts to determine emerging, trend-forward developments in the fashion business
- Support the creation of seasonal documents that capture “Trend Funnel” direction and “Kick-Off” road maps
- Contribute to presentation boardsoom set-ups for “Kick Off” meetings and milestones
Who you are
- Minimum of 2-3 year of Design or Trend Forecasting experience
- Excellent InDesign and computer presentation skills
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs