About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager (Real Estate Law, Legal) will work with a high degree of independence and be primarily responsible for: (i) negotiating and drafting retail leases and a variety of other leasing-related agreements and documents, such as, lease amendments, settlement agreements, indemnity agreements, storage agreements, signage agreements, SNDAs, nondisclosure agreements, memoranda of lease, and general demand and response letters; (ii) managing a company and/or brand-wide function, when necessary; and (iii) collaborating with other Real Estate Law, Legal team colleagues and cross-functional business partners, such as, Finance, Construction, Architecture and Engineering, Store Operations, Store Maintenance, Risk Management, Lease Administration, Lease Auditing, Store Development, and Real Estate on leasing-related, property management and other real estate matters. This role is critical to the success of opening and operating retail stores in the United States and Canada. While the Manager’s primary focus of work will concentrate on the retail stores this role also will involve handling, as needed, real estate matters involving the company’s corporate facilities and distribution centers. If you have exceptional strategic thinking and meticulous execution skills and are adept at managing multiple, complex priorities and balancing the needs of various stakeholders all the while having a positive outlook and demeanor, apply today!
What you'll do
- Draft and negotiate retail leases for Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix, Hill City and Janie and Jack brands
- Draft and negotiate leasing-related agreements and documents, such as, lease amendments, storage agreements, signage agreements, settlement agreements, indemnity agreements, SNDAs, memorandums of lease, and general demand and response letters
- Oversee company and/or brand-wide function and/or special project, as necessary
- Collaborate and provide business-minded legal counsel to cross-functional partners, such as, Finance, Construction, Architecture and Engineering, Store Operations, Store Maintenance, Risk Management, Lease Administration, Lease Auditing, Store Development, and Real Estate on leasing-related, property management and other real estate matters
- Report to Senior Counsel (Real Estate Law, Legal) and have a focus on successfully negotiating and finalizing retail leases and other leasing and real estate-related agreements
Who you are
You have a Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 5-8 years of professional, relevant experience in retail/commercial leasing and transactions.
You have exceptional spoken and written communication skills and the ability to be concise in your communications
You have solid business judgment, think strategically, and are meticulous with details
You are able to collaborate with a multicultural team of stakeholders and are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under time constraints
You are organized, flexible, open-minded, comfortable with speaking up, and have a positive team play attitude and demeanor
You have proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively, and take initiative
You have demonstrated ability to influence others and capable of thinking creative to develop solutions for a diverse range of complex matters
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs