Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Manager of Product Development for Gap Outlet enables the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to Design aesthetic, merchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with local teams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost.
• Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and division goals.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Work with leadership to communicate upfront brand costing and strategic goals to Category Sourcing In Asia.
• Understand and work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance
• Manage development metrics set for global brand.
• Own seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
• Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond.
• Drive fabric strategies by developing product to meet fabric expectations and providing recommendations on fabrics to platform, position, and leverage, including exploring VOS qualities.
Who you are
• Global Product Development experience in driving global product development and understands design. merchandising, and vendor/category management
• Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
• Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
• Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
• Change Management- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
• Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated new skills and knowledge.
• Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.