About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As aSoftware Engineer II, you will be part of the Warehouse Management DevOps teamthat creates, enhances and supports applications used in 16 DistributionCenters (DCs) across the globe. Theideal candidate is experienced in using established engineering and designprinciples to drive and maintain agility in the codebase, with a strongbackground in distribution center process and systems.
What you'll do
- Providesprimary support (DevOps) for Supply Chain Logistics warehouse managementsystems including Retail and online WMS applications, Red Prairie Labormanagement, KRONOS timekeeping application supporting GAP INC.’s Fulfillmentand Distribution Campuses.
- Analyze,enhance, develop and maintain the code used to support logistics systems and conductscode & design reviews with other team members
- Collaborateswith architects in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
- Collaborateswith Product Management (PDM) and Business Engagement team to ensure SLAs formedium to high complexity applications are being set properly and met
- Demonstratewritten and verbal ability to communicate effectively with IT professionals andbusiness partners at all levels of the organization.
- Viewedas subject matter expert for various warehouse systems by peers in IT andnon-IT business partners.
- Assistand lead troubleshooting high severity and high impacting production issues andquarterback high severity calls.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4-7+years of experience with Warehouse management and labor management packages.
- Strongprogramming skills in C, Pro*C, SQL, Shell scripting, Messaging - MQ
- Goodunderstanding of supply chain management and logistics life cycle integratingwith warehouse management systems with Material handling systems.
- Abilityto address complex problems and to develop creative and practicalrecommendations utilizing analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Abilityto work multiple issues simultaneously.
- Comfortableworking in DevOps and CI/CD principles
- Experiencedin monitoring/metric tools such as Splunk, Nagios, New Relic or similar
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs