About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This role ensures the integrity of global sales information across multiple system platforms. Specifically, this position is responsible for the timely and accurate resolution of sales discrepancies for over 3,500 retail and online stores. In this rol you will perform a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures and reconcile appropriate accounts.
What you'll do
- Perform audits of store sales which includes the timely and accurate resolution of multiple error types
- Responsible for weekly and month-end tasks, preparation of multiple journal entries and Perform various ad-hoc reporting and support special projects
- Find alternative ways to achieve objectives when faced with obstacles and continually search for methods to increase customer satisfaction
- Accountable for delivering excellent service to all customers internal and external, while maintaining integrity and demonstrate respect. Possess ownership for the achievement of our commitments, including collaboration with partners and innovation for the future
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication among internal and external business partners, store management personnel and Loss Prevention
- Take responsibility for and engage manager in managing career growth and skills development
Who you are
- Have an understanding of basic accounting principles
- Be highly organized with focus and attention to detail
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and work effectively under critical deadlines
- Be able to act cooperatively within a team environment
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with upper levels of management
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Beginner MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs