About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an Old Navy Graphic Designer, you will dive right in withthe team, creation of season-after-season of fun, optimistic and original art.Inspiring research, solid art creation, meticulous production work, building compellingpresentations, collaboration and generally being ready for anything are theFUNdamental pillars of this role.
What you'll do
- Create world-class on-trend apparel graphics that supportOld Navy seasonal family messages and align with divisional design concepts
- Understand and assist in identifying seasonal graphic trendsand provide analysis through online / in-store research, as well as gatherrelevant inspiration outside of apparel that speaks to over-arching aesthetictrends. Assist Senior graphic designer in authoring tools to communicate thesetrends to the cross-functional team.
- Support Art Director’s efforts towards Creative Kickoff andthe production of related materials. Align to brand and divisional positioningwithin the established aesthetic for the season.
- Design into seasonal concepts that consider merchant roadmap,cost targets and consumer insight information.
- Earn ownership of a specialized category within thedivision; driving creative concepts and presentations to graphics team leaders.
- Produce and maintain graphic presentation boards / rigs formilestone meetings.
- Identify opportunities for newness and innovation byutilizing the graphic trend forecast when creating graphic content and the executionof relative graphic techniques.
- Provide all relevant development information and documentationto Graphic Manager (AD) at legal review time.
- Partner with Senior Design staff to ensure that all graphicand production reviews are well documented and clear action items are elevatedand addressed.
- Prepare and maintain graphic artwork production files as neededagainst seasonal milestones and pipeline production considerations.
- Review production samples to ensure quality and accurate executionof production.
- Present design executions to cross functional partnersduring product reviews.
- Utilize FTP / DropBox for delivery of graphic artwork filesand maintain updates within the system. Clearly communicate updates with GISand apparel design partners.
- Archive samples, digital files, etc.
- 60% concept & design / 40% production & tactical.
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years apparel graphics experience.
- Knowledge of graphics production (e.g., printing methods,apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Strong computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign,etc.)
- Strong hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing)
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication andorganizational skills
- Strong sense of image and type
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs