About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Very strong analytic and financial modeling skills, with deep understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans
- Able to synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to communicate with senior executives
- Strong retail business acumen
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and consumer-facing businesses
- Able to assess impact of decisions on overall business
- Entrepreneurial experience / skills valued
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Able to collaborate effectively using broad range of influence styles to drive desired results; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Proven experience in leading teams (that might include senior leaders) including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results working with internal or external resources
- Strong executive presence and command skills
- Able to identify barriers to successful implementation and capable of working with teams/leaders to mitigate barriers
- Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined work plans
- Able to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to manage cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
- Experienced leader with a proven track record of successfully leading teams
- 10+ years of professional work experience, preferably within strategic management consulting, retail, consumer products, and/or investment banking
- Strong interest in and knowledge of retail industry, preferably with some experience in apparel
- Outstanding academic track record
- MBA required
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs